1 cup whole, skin-on almonds
12 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped (60-70 percent cocoa solids, or bitterswee)t
1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest
1/3 cup tart dried cherries (coarsely chopped if they are large)
1) In preheated 375 degree oven, toast almonds, on a cookie sheet, 7-8 minutes. Let cool.
2) Prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking dish by placing a strip of parchment paper lengthwise to make a sling.
3) Place three-quarters of the chocolate in a heat proof bowl set over a pot with a few inches of barely bubbling water. Heat, stirring, until the chocolate has melted.
4) Transfer the bowl to a folded dish towel on the countertop. Add the remaining chocolate, stirring until melted, then stir in the orange zest.
5) Pour the chocolate into the lined baking dish, spreading evenly to the edges. Scatter the toasted almonds and dried cherries over the top, then refrigerate for 1 hour, just to set.
6) Remove the chocolate from the baking dish and discard the parchment. Cut or break up the bark into pieces. Store in an air-tight container in the fridge until ready to eat.